St. Mary’s Academy is Denver’s premier independent, Catholic coeducational Preschool to Grade 8, and all-girls High School that was established in 1864 by the Sisters of Loretto. It continues to be a forward-thinking educational leader focused on values-based, purpose-driven education with rigorous academics, integrated service learning, outstanding faculty, and a commitment to individualized attention and developing the whole student.
St. Mary's Academy is an inclusive community that welcomes students of every culture, religious tradition, and economic background. We emphasize understanding and appreciation of different perspectives. We focus on respect and how we treat each other – to love inclusively and unconditionally with compassion. This allows for a deeper understanding of others and of one's own convictions in an increasingly complex, multicultural and multi-religious world. Our Loretto School Values of faith, community, justice, and respect guide us in our work.
We provide a values-based, academically strong education in a positive, safe and nurturing environment for students from Preschool through Grade 12.
We offer individualized attention and encourage strong moral and character development in pursuit of the common good.
We inspire leaders and change agents, teaching students how to think and problem solve in the spirit of teamwork and collaboration to prepare them for success in an ever-changing world.
Learn More About...
of our student population is diverse (based on race and ethnicity)
Academy-Wide Service Learning
in financial aid awarded annually
Associations that Define Excellence
- Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS): A testament to our commitment to excellence in independent education within Colorado.
- Colorado High School Activities Association: Enriching student experiences through diverse activities and fostering a sense of community.
- National Association of Independent Schools: A national network that aligns with our dedication to providing high-quality private education.
- National Catholic Education Association: Reflecting our strong connection to Catholic education's values and principles.
- National Coalition of Girls’ Schools: Celebrating our dedication to empowering young women through education.
St. Mary’s Academy stands proudly as an institution accredited by is accredited by ACIS. This accreditation underscores our dedication to providing top-tier education that meets the highest standards of excellence.