Our Pre-Kindergarten classes embrace an academic STEM curriculum, arts and sports program, community service focus, and character development, designed to inspire all students to act with integrity, seek justice, build community, and change the world!
What does this look like in Pre-Kindergarten? Pre-K students:
- Work collaboratively and show teamwork
- Demonstrate creativity and imagination
- Use critical thinking to solve problems
- Practice flexibility and adaptability
- Begin to understand global and cultural awareness
- Show leadership
- Practice a growth mindset
- Show empathy
- Begin to understand social justice and equity
- Participate in global learning lessons
Pre-Kindergarten students have access to a dedicated Instructional Specialist who supports students and provides instructional support to teachers. The buddy systems pairs every Pre-Kindergarten student with a Kindergarten student as a mentor and buddy, helping both to learn, grow, and communicate more effectively.
We see every day how St. Mary’s Academy helps shape our children in such a positive manner. We see how St. Mary’s strives to not only educate children, but help them become caring and compassionate members of our community. - SMA parent