At St. Mary’s Academy Middle School, we focus on supporting the dynamic developmental stage of our students. They learn social skills, begin to establish their individual identity, and prepare for high school. The SMA Middle School offers an environment where creativity, exploration, and joy are encouraged to develop skills for deeper learning and personal growth.
Our students thrive, learn, and collaborate with peers in the pursuit of both academic and personal growth. The Middle School offers a 1-to-1 Chromebook program, enriching presentations, deeper interactive learning, and helps students develop a sense of responsibility. Through experiential learning, individualized support, and high expectations, our students develop self-confidence and a love of learning.
St. Mary’s Academy Middle School is a place where students are individually known and appreciated. We value each student as a significant part of our community and challenge them to understand how they fit into the world.
Middle School Highlights
- Reflection time, prayer services, and the study of world theology provide students with opportunities to strengthen their ethical and spiritual grounding.
- Seminars Days allow students to learn and explore in twelve strategically scheduled days throughout the year.
- Students volunteer at retirement homes, assist at a preschool, and serve in sandwich lines, among other service projects.
- Global Leadership opportunities are available beginning in grade seven with a fall trip to Peru and a spring trip to the Cochiti Pueblo.
Seminars Days are strategically scheduled throughout each trimester to provide longer periods of time and special schedules for:
- Interdisciplinary STEAM experiences.
- Health and wellness development.
- Social and earth justice explorations.
- Public presentations of student learning.
- Community events.
- Field studies.
- Service learning
We are committed to providing your children with meaningful opportunities to be and become powerful agents of change in their immediate and future lives. Whether in CAT, core classes, seminars, co-curricular activities and classes, or overnights, we continue to focus on developing students’ understanding of self as part of a greater whole and to nurture an expanding capacity for communication, critical thinking, and creative application of information and knowledge in accordance with their developmental readiness. We thank you for partnering with St. Mary’s Academy Middle School. We are blessed to be able to love, care for, and teach your children.