All Girls High School, Grades 9-12
We are thrilled that you and your family are considering St. Mary's Academy. Below is the application process and timeline for High School admission.
Grade 9: Class size ranges from 65-72 students.
Grades 10-12: Space available is typically based on attrition. Please contact Seely Greenberg at 303-762-8300 ext. 255 to learn more about possible openings.
- Inquire Online & Create Admissions Portal
- Student Application and Parent Comment, due December 19
- Student Essay, due December 20
- Parent Interview & Tour
- Student Visit, after October 1
- High School Placement Test, Grade 9, December 1
- Teacher Recommendations, due December 20
- Transcript from current school, due December 20
- Financial Aid Application, due February 4
- High School Admissions Decisions E-mailed February 15, 2019
- High School Info Nights: September 13, 2018 and November 13, 2018. Log into your admissions portal to RSVP.
- High School Open House: October 20, 2018. Log into your admissions portal to RSVP.
- Log into your admissions portal to schedule your parent interview. This can often take place on the day of your student's visit.
- Log into your admissions portal to register.
- Students may take the High School Placement Test at any Catholic high school in the Denver-metro area on this date. Those who take the test at St. Mary's Academy will be eligible for the St. Mary's Academy Merit Scholarship! Students must score in the 90th percentile on the placement test in order to qualify. The award for 2019-2020 is $3500 and will increase $100 each of the student's four years of high school.
- ISEE is also accepted. To register, click here.
- English & Math recommendations are required.
- Log into your admissions portal and input the teacher's name and email address after clicking on the "Request" button to initiate the confidential teacher recommendation form electronically.
- For grades 10-12, an additional letter of recommendation from a principal or counselor is required.
- Log into your admissions portal to access the transcript request form or initiate directly through your child's current school. A student's current school typically mails, faxes, or emails this document directly to St. Mary's Academy.
SMA High School Ambassadors
We are thrilled to introduce our SMA High School Ambassadors. Our Ambassador program includes 64 incredible students. Pictured below are our five ambassador team leaders (all from the Class of 2019) along with their biographies. Our ambassadors would be happy to respond to any questions via our ambassador email link which will be published on August 20.
Hi my name is Claire and I am a senior at SMA. My favorite subject is history, and my favorite school activity is after school sports! I play soccer and volleyball for the High School and have so much fun every year. I also am interested in student leadership have been on Student Association all four of my High School years at SMA.
I love attending St. Mary’s Academy because of our strong sense of community here that can be seen in all of our activities like in the classroom, in our sports, at our talent show, and in so many other areas. SMA truly is a unique place that fosters growth and builds character in all students here.
I’m Ava and I’m a senior at St. Mary’s Academy. I love everything about St. Mary’s, from my classes and clubs, to my teachers and friends. I love math and science classes and I hope to pursue a career in that field. I also swim for the swim team and I am in the Outreach Club which works to raise money for people in need. In addition, I participate in Mock Trial, where we prepare a case and argue it in court against other schools. St. Mary’s is a wonderful school and we have a club or activity for everyone!
Hi! I’m Sophia. I’m a senior at St. Mary’s Academy and I love music and theatre. St. Mary’s has given me the opportunity to sing in the SAIMARAC, the honor choir, and participate in the plays and musicals. Being a part of SAIMARAC gave me and the other members the opportunity to sing at Carnegie Hall, along with other choirs across The United States. My Junior year, I was the Spirit Representative for Student Association and this year I am an officer for the St. Mary’s chapter of National Honor Society. I love social studies and language classes, and I love St. Mary’s because of the amazing community that helps girls become more confident in themselves and everything they do.
Hi, I’m Hannah and I’m a senior at SMA. When I’m not in the classroom or in the library, I’m onstage in the school musical, singing in the morning as a member of SAIMARAC, editing the school newspaper, or playing tennis. I would love to talk to you about anything related to theater (including voice and dance), foreign languages and the humanities, the option of exploring online classes, and community service!
Hi! I’m Carolina and I’m a senior at SMA. I attended Stanley British Primary School and Bromwell Elementary School. At SMA some of the activities I participate in include choir, Mock Trial, Student Government, and the Literary Magazine. I love studying literature, social studies, and languages. My favorite thing about SMA is how small and tight-knit the community. I also love how at SMA academics are important, but so is having fun.