We are thrilled that you and your family are considering St. Mary's Academy. Below is the application process and timeline for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten admission.
Pre-Kindergarten: Your child must be four years old by October 1 to enroll. There are approximately 20 spaces available.
Kindergarten: Your child must be five years old by October 1 to enroll. There are currently two classes with no more than 15 students in each class.
- Inquire Online & Create Admissions Portal
- Student Application
- Parent Interview and Tour
- Student Visit
- Teacher Recommendations
- Financial Aid Application
- Lower School Admissions Decisions
- Please contact Lindsey Lopez to schedule a student visit.
- SMA does not require entrance exams or formal testing for Lower School admission. Students receive reading and math assessments on the day of their student visit.
- Applicants for the 2020-2021 academic year, please save the date for the following Group Visits
- Pre-K: January 16 or January 29, 2020
- K: January 14 or January 23, 2020
- The financial aid application process is separate from the admissions process, but the two take place along the same timeline. St. Mary's Academy offers financial aid for grades Kindergarten and above.
- Pre-Kindergarten applicants are not eligible for financial aid.
- For more information about financial aid, please click here.
- The Admission Committee reviews all applications completed by the standard January 31st deadline. In conjunction with other Denver area ACIS (Association of Colorado Independent Schools), SMA informed families of Lower School admission decisions via e-mail at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Any applications received after this date are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis.