Co-Ed Lower School, Grades 1-5
We are thrilled that you and your family are considering St. Mary's Academy. Below is the application process and timeline for Lower School admission.
Space available in a given grade is typically based on attrition. Please contact Kristen Dieterich at 303-762-8300 ext. 205 to learn more about possible openings.
- Inquire Online & Create Admissions Portal
- Student Application, due January 31
- Student Essay for Grades 2 - 5, due January 31
- Parent Interview & Tour
- Student Visit, after October 1
- Teacher Recommendation(s), due January 31
- Transcript from current school, due January 31
- Financial Aid Application, due February 4
- Lower School Admissions Decisions E-mailed March 5
- Grade 1: Morning student visit typically 8:30 - 11:30 AM
- Grades 2-5: Full day student visit typically 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Please contact Kristen Dieterich to schedule your student's visit.
- SMA does not require entrance exams or formal testing for Lower School admission. Students receive reading and math assessments on the day of their student visit.
- Grade 1: One teacher recommendation is required.
- Grades 2-5: English & Math recommendations are required. Each recommendation may be completed by the same homeroom teacher if they teach both subjects.
- Log into your admissions portal and input the teacher's name and email address after clicking on the "Request" button to initiate the confidential teacher recommendation form electronically.