Co-Ed Lower School, Grades 1-5
We are thrilled that you and your family are considering St. Mary's Academy. Below is the application process and timeline for Lower School admission.
Space available in a given grade is typically based on attrition. Please contact Kristen Dieterich at 303-762-8300 ext. 205 to learn more about possible openings.
- Inquire Online & Create Admissions Portal
- Student Application
- Student Essay for Grades 2 - 5
- Parent Interview & Tour
- Student Visit
- Teacher Recommendation(s)
- Transcript from current school
- Financial Aid Application
- Lower School Admissions Decisions
- Grade 1: Morning student visit typically 8:30 - 11:30 AM
- Grades 2-5: Full day student visit typically 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Please contact Kristen Dieterich to schedule your student's visit.
- SMA does not require entrance exams or formal testing for Lower School admission. Students receive reading and math assessments on the day of their student visit.
- Grade 1: One teacher recommendation is required.
- Grades 2-5: English & Math recommendations are required. Each recommendation may be completed by the same homeroom teacher if they teach both subjects.
- Log into your admissions portal and input the teacher's name and email address after clicking on the "Request" button to initiate the confidential teacher recommendation form electronically.
- The Admission Committee reviews all applications completed by the standard January 31st deadline. In conjunction with other Denver area ACIS (Association of Colorado Independent Schools), SMA informs families of Lower School admission decisions via e-mail at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
- Any applications received after this date are reviewed on a rolling admissions basis.