Jessie Forshee is in the air! At the virtual Gala, she was one of the multiple choice answers to “who was SMA’s and Colorado’s first graduate? “ (And, yes, responders got it right.) Then yesterday I was searching for her photo and found a talk on her that Sister Helen Sanders had given at SMA in 1999. As I read it I thought, she’s the kind of person we hope our students — especially our graduates — are becoming. One-hundred-forty-five years after graduation, Jessie is still a role model for SMA...
St. Mary's Academy has transitioned to our online distance learning program amidst the current nationwide situation surrounding COVID-19. Per President Bill Barrett’s email on 4/23, SMA will continue distance learning for the rest of the academic year.
This page will serve as a central location for Academy updates, schedule, notable community highlights and additional resources. Specific class instruction will continue to be communicated via Division Principals and teachers.
Page updated 5.18.2020
Community Town Hall
Academy President Bill Barrett held a virtual Town Hall last week. Thank you to all the parents who joined. A full recording of the virtual event can be viewed below (access password is SMATownHall1!).
Let Us Your Wildcat!
We are looking for members of our SMA community to film our Wildcat Marching Cheer for a fun video compilation! Click on the paw print below for more details and instructions on how to submit your best version of our beloved chant.
Athletics Newsletter Week of 5.18
Our Athletics Department has put together a newsletter sharing updates, resources and pictures of our Wildcat athletes in action from at home.
Our counselors Julie May (High School) and Carol LaRocque (Lower and Middle School) share some insight, tips and resources for both parents and students. Updated 5/19/20.
School leaders worked actively with faculty and students to develop a comprehensive virtual program that allows us to deliver a curriculum still in line with our essential core values, vision and mission. Our learning management system, Canvas, and our one-to-one device policy have positioned us very well for this type of event.
SMA faculty, staff and students have begun creating a number of unique and creative points of connection and resources for one another. We will continue to compile and share those opportunities here.
- Digital Tutoring Services (we have 30 SMA High School students ready to help!)
- High School Online Community Calendar
- High School Community Blog (created by Student Council)
- Middle School Online Community Blog
- Virtual Story Time with Miss McConnell
- SMAserver Minecraft Community
- Share how you've been serving the community during this time!
- SMA Counselors Blog:
- Per CHSSA, the Spring sports season have been canceled (as of 4/21/20). Read additional details HERE.
- High School coaches are sending out weekly emails to current student-athletes with workout plans and resources to improve game strategy
- Middle school coaches are reaching out to students via Canvas to share daily/weekly workout plans and resources, as well as live conferencing with team members.
Families can also direct their questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote Admissions Office
Just as our students engage and connect remotely for distance learning, the Admissions Office continues to connect virtually and welcomes interest for the 2020/2021 school year in select grade levels of each division. Learn about how our Loretto School Values thrive in a traditional school day.