Virtual Auction Information
HOW TO REGISTER AND BID
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Go to https://aesbid.org/SMA2020 on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
2. Click on “Create Account” at the bottom left corner of the page. *If you register before 12:00 p.m. on April 17, that button will say "log-in." You won't have a bid number so click on "register." The software will remind you that a credit card is required
3. Click “Continue” and enter your name, contact information and credit card. Once you do that you will need to opt-in for text notifications, this is important because it is the only communication source during the online bidding process.
4. Once this is done, you are ready to start bidding. Please write down your bidder number for the next time you login to bid.
HOW TO BID
1. Once you have logged in /registered. Click on a category that you are interested in.
2. Then click the package you want to bid on.
3. Next, click the green “Place Your Bid” Button.
4. Enter the amount you’d like to bid and click “Confirm Bid”. You can enter the next minimum bid, or click the red/green arrows to create a “Max Bid”, which will allow the system to automatically bid for you until your maximum bid is reached. Auto bids only happen if you are outbid, up to the maximum bid you have set.
5. You will be given a Bid Successful Notification.
6. To see what items you are winning and losing, click the “My Cart” button.
**To see these instructions in a visual format, click HERE.
- We highly suggest using the "Maximum Bid" option when bidding on items. This feature allows you to set the maximum price you are willing to spend on an item instead of having to log back in every time you've been outbid. The system will automatically bid for you, in the bid increments that have been set for that particular item, until your maximum bid is reached. If your maximum bid gets surpassed, you will get a notification letting you know.
- Use the search button on the tool bar at the top of your screen to search the system for items by keyword or number.
- Check out the "no bids" category to score some great deals.
- You will receive a notification when you have been outbid.
- Check your "my bids" section to see what items you are winning and losing.
SILENT AUCTION INFORMATION
Check out the 2020 SMA Gala Catalog below and scope out your favorite items before the silent auction opens at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 17.
There are so many great items to bid on this year, including:
- Restaurant gift cards
- Awesome teacher experiences (found in the campus corner section)
- Class Baskets - click HERE to see a detailed description of each class basket. Our class basket chairs did an amazing job putting "baskets" together this year and we are so thankful to everyone who donated!
- The SMA Instant Wine Cellar - click HERE to see a complete list of wine in the 2020 SMA Instant Wine Cellar
When the silent auction opens on April 17, you will also have an opportunity to place bids for the live auction items. Bidding for the live auction will conclude during the virtual Gala program that begins at 7:30 p.m. on April 24.
Due to the "Stay at Home" order, a pick-up date for winning bidders will be communicated as soon as possible. If you purchased an item that can be mailed to your home in a regular envelope, we will do so.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SPONSORED, PLACED AN AD AND DONATED TO THE 2020 SMA GALA!
YOU COULD WIN $500!
In lieu of our typical tuition voucher drawing at the in-person event, we are entering everyone who places a bid in the silent auction into a drawing for a $500 Visa gift card. SMA employees not eligible. Bid early and often!